CALL FOR PAPERS
VII GIJON CONFERENCE ON SPORTS ECONOMICS
“SPORTS AND COMPETITION”
MAY 4TH-5TH 2012
The annual conference of the Sports Economics Observatory Foundation (University of Oviedo) will be held in Gijon (Spain) at the Paraninfo of Laboral, Faculty of Commerce, May 4-5, 2012 (Friday to Saturday).
Individuals are invited to submit unpublished communications related to the following topics and issues:
- Competition in American professional leagues
- Competition in soccer
- Competition in individual sports (golf, tennis, skating, cycling)
- Competition by national teams
- European competition policy (in media markets, in player markets)
- North American competition policy
- Competition for tournaments (FIFA World Cup, Olympics...)
All of the submissions will be assessed by a scientific committee.
Papers’ submission norms:
Agenda (important dates):
- Abstracts submission: until January 31.
- Papers selected: February, 15.
- Final paper: April, 30.
- Kesenne, Stefan. Professor of Economics at the University of Antwerp and Leuven, Belgium.
- García-Villar, Jaume. Professor of Econometrics at the Universitat Pompeu Fabra in Barcelona. President of the Spanish National Institute of Statistics.
- Andeff, Wladimir. Professor of Economics at Paris 1 Pantheón Sorbona, France.
- Baade, Robert. Professor of Economics at Lake Forest College, Chicago, United States.
- Frick, Bernd. Professor of Economics at the University of Paderborn, Germany.
- Fort, Rodney. Professor of Sport Management at the Universidad of Michigan, United States.
- Otero-Moreno, José María. Professor of Applied Economics at the University of Malaga, Spain.
- Noll, Roger. Professor Emeritus of Economics at Stanford University, United States.
- Szymanski, Stefan. Professor of Economics at the Cass Business School. City University. London, UK.
- Vrooman, John. Professor of Economics at the Vanderbilt University, United States.
- Plácido Rodríguez
- Stefan Kessenne
- Ruud Koning